I just came back from a BEING, DO NOTHING vacation. More than ever I spent time Being and doing nothing. No agendas, no digital, no schedules. Lots of sleep, rests and more. I returned renewed, restored and relaxed beyond words. As human BEINGS we need Being time.
Vacations are important, however, we need to have Being time everyday.
The blog post saving time by doing LESS by Alex Cavoulacos from wework.com came my way and it is so relevant to what I want to share about more time to Be. She is on target offering us ways to save time by doing less. Here are some of the tips that Alex suggests that I particularly resonated with:
- Say no-it’s crucial-and she tells you how.
- Let go of control – delegate more.
- Pare your To Do List down by asking yourself, “What is the impact of doing this?” Great question. If there is no impact, let it go.
- Length of meetings-shorten meetings to 20-30 minutes-that one gave me pause.
Those are smart Doing ways to save time so you have more of it.
We can also save time by Being more.
Here are some ways to Be more, Do Less and Save Time. The more we Be and stop doing, the more focused and clear we will become about what we have to do and how to do it. We will learn to let go of feeling stuck and taking things personally, and therefore save time. These Being times bring us back to center and into the presence of now, facilitate our receiving intuitions and inspirations and open our hearts.
As human beings we also need Being time to fulfill our natures.
Make time for Being in Silence and Solitude
- Unplug everyday from everything for at least one minute. Gradually work up to three, five, ten or even fifteen! The longer the better.
- Light a candle and sit quietly.
- Meditate: sense your breath, watch your mind quiet and connect to your body and soul.
- Do restorative yoga which includes holding poses for an extended period of time.
- Soak in a bathtub.
- Weed the garden.
- Rock in your rocker.
- Rest on a bed or sofa for a few minutes.
- Practice mindfulness in all that you do. Click here for tips from Lynda.
Being more has you stopping, dipping into the well.
Returning to your center.
Resting in your inner home.
Going slower, saving time and living longer.
When we are in Harmony with ourselves, we are in harmony with the universe.
We want to be both Being and Doing, in the proper balance for who we are and the needs of the day. We want to live from our whole self, fulfilling our deepest potential.
This is my last post on the Life-Unlimited-Blog. I will continue blogging on my new From Fear to Freedom Blog, which will be housed on a brand new redesign of our website, http://drlyndaklau.com. This site will be launched shortly. Stay tuned in for updates!
It’s a perfect ending blog post.
Be more, Do less.
Manifest your Freedom, No Regrets, you can Choose your Life.
The more you Be and Do wisely, the more you will live the life you love.
I’m always interested in hearing from you,
Lynda Klau, Ph.D.
Founder & Director
Life Unlimited: The Center for Human Development
1 212 595 737